Show must go on
ON Sunday my daughter and I and all the family attended the Marina Theatre, in Lowestoft, for the show Beyond the Barricade.Four singers, four musicians (one lead singer also played keyboard) and the sound and sheer wonder of the music was wonderful.
ON Sunday my daughter and I and all the family attended the Marina Theatre, in Lowestoft, for the show Beyond the Barricade.
Four singers, four musicians (one lead singer also played keyboard) and the sound and sheer wonder of the music was wonderful.
In the interval the sound of a voice over the theatre: “Is there a doctor in the house?” Not good we thought.
Back for the second half and it was slightly late when the show began again, this time with the keyboard on the left of the stage as you look from the auditorium was missing, and it was stated he had been taken ill and was on the way to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
We couldn't believe it because we had remarked at the sheer professionalism of this musician plus drummer, guitarist and the other keyboard player/singer. How they were going to complete the concert without this member of the team?
It was announced that the leader of the group now had to adapt his music.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
What a show. The sheer professionalism of the group just had the audience transfixed - and the finale from Les Miserables was amazing. Just goes to show what incredible talent was there in the Marina that night. Amazing … and a standing ovation.
Our best wishes to the pianist who was taken ill and hope he is much better now. How he played as he did in the first half was amazing.
Well done to all to do with Beyond the Barricade - we shall follow their progress and be back to see them in 2009.
London Road North