Show your support for pancake race teams at annual Lowestoft event today!
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Local companies and clubs are gearing up for some flipping fun at the Lowestoft Pancake Day races today.
The course will be ready to go outside Beales department store in London Road North from noon, with the race once again organised by Lowestoft Vision.
Last year's event was a huge success, with a record number of teams entering and crowds cheering on all the action.
And spectators are being encouraged to show their support again, as teams of three take part in a relay race tossing their pancakes along the route. The contest will be broken down into heats followed by semi-finals and a final.
In addition to the main race there will also be a mascot race.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Metcalfe, manager of Wilko and a Lowestoft Vision member, said: 'More businesses take part each year and it really brings the town together. Our staff at Wilko get some great feedback from the public after the race and are generally talking about it weeks after.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary