Show your support for pancake race teams at annual Lowestoft event today!
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Local companies and clubs are gearing up for some flipping fun at the Lowestoft Pancake Day races today.
The course will be ready to go outside Beales department store in London Road North from noon, with the race once again organised by Lowestoft Vision.
Last year's event was a huge success, with a record number of teams entering and crowds cheering on all the action.
And spectators are being encouraged to show their support again, as teams of three take part in a relay race tossing their pancakes along the route. The contest will be broken down into heats followed by semi-finals and a final.
In addition to the main race there will also be a mascot race.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Metcalfe, manager of Wilko and a Lowestoft Vision member, said: 'More businesses take part each year and it really brings the town together. Our staff at Wilko get some great feedback from the public after the race and are generally talking about it weeks after.'
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea