Silent auction to raise money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
May the force be with you and may your bidding be strong in a silent auction run by the Morrisons on Tower Road, Lowestoft.
The supermarket is raising funds for Clic Sargent, a charity which supports children, young people and their families who affected by cancer, through a silent auction.
Customers have the chance to bid for promotional cardboard cut-out figures of Star Wars characters including Chewbacca and stormtroopers, with all money going to the charity.
The money will help Clic Sargent support families with the financial, emotional and practical consequences of a cancer diagnosis.
Community champion at the store, Sheryl Rumble, said: 'We are always trying to think up new and interesting fundraising ideas, we auctioned the star wars figures off last year and it went down really well with our customers and it's a great unique prize for star wars fans.
You may also want to watch:
If you want to enter the silent auction, you can fill in an auction slip at the customer service desk before Friday, May 4th.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft