Silent auction to raise money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
May the force be with you and may your bidding be strong in a silent auction run by the Morrisons on Tower Road, Lowestoft.
The supermarket is raising funds for Clic Sargent, a charity which supports children, young people and their families who affected by cancer, through a silent auction.
Customers have the chance to bid for promotional cardboard cut-out figures of Star Wars characters including Chewbacca and stormtroopers, with all money going to the charity.
The money will help Clic Sargent support families with the financial, emotional and practical consequences of a cancer diagnosis.
Community champion at the store, Sheryl Rumble, said: 'We are always trying to think up new and interesting fundraising ideas, we auctioned the star wars figures off last year and it went down really well with our customers and it's a great unique prize for star wars fans.
You may also want to watch:
If you want to enter the silent auction, you can fill in an auction slip at the customer service desk before Friday, May 4th.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man