Silhouette shot capturing an approaching storm wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo of a lone tree silhouetted by an approaching storm was taken by 70-year-old Robert Mckenna.
Mr Mckenna, of Windsor Terrace, Kessingland, used his Canon 5D Mark II to take the picture.
He captured the moment as he walked home from Kessingland Marshes last week.
Mr Mckenna said: 'I take a lot of wildlife photos and this was taken on one of my many walks.
'When I saw the approaching storm I thought it could make a good shot so took three or four photos.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I like the power and doom of the clouds - it made an interesting picture.'
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org