Silhouette shot capturing an approaching storm wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This exquisite photo of a lone tree silhouetted by an approaching storm was taken by 70-year-old Robert Mckenna.
Mr Mckenna, of Windsor Terrace, Kessingland, used his Canon 5D Mark II to take the picture.
He captured the moment as he walked home from Kessingland Marshes last week.
Mr Mckenna said: 'I take a lot of wildlife photos and this was taken on one of my many walks.
'When I saw the approaching storm I thought it could make a good shot so took three or four photos.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I like the power and doom of the clouds - it made an interesting picture.'
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com