Woman who lost two-and-a-half stone through Slimming World receives award for helping others
- Credit: Archant
A weight loss expert from Carlton Colville has won an award for helping more than 100 people in the area to lose weight every week.
Tamsyn Ambrose became a Slimming World consultant on New Year's Eve last year after losing two-and-a-half stone through the club.
The 23-year-old runs the Bloodmoor Saturday morning group in Carlton Colville and has been given 'silver' status because of her success in supporting local slimmers to reach their dream weight, improve their health and change their lives.
The accolade is awarded to Slimming World consultants who have 100 members or more in their group.
She said: 'I feel passionately about helping people to transform their lives by losing weight in the same way I did when I lost two and a half stone with Slimming World. Losing weight made me feel happier and healthier and gave me so much more confidence.
You may also want to watch:
'I became a consultant because I wanted to share that feeling and help other people to achieve the same success I had myself. Seeing members in my groups – mums, dads, grandmas, and young people too – reach their target weight is so rewarding and receiving the award is just the icing on the cake.'
And if Miss Ambrose continues her success for a number of months, she will swap her silver award for a gold standard.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 7 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 8 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 9 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
She said: 'The award belongs to my members. They're the ones who make our group the success that it is, with their fabulous commitment, the wonderful support they give each other every week, and, obviously, their impressive weight losses while following Slimming World's Food Optimising eating plan.'
'I'm over the moon to have become a silver consultant and now I'm going for gold. Although I feel like I've already struck gold – I have a healthy figure, a fabulous job that I love and more than 100 great friends in the members. I'm very lucky and I truly believe I have the best job in the world.'
Miss Ambrose has now launched a new Slimming World group at Carlton Colville Primary School on Thursday evenings.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk