Woman who lost two-and-a-half stone through Slimming World receives award for helping others
- Credit: Archant
A weight loss expert from Carlton Colville has won an award for helping more than 100 people in the area to lose weight every week.
Tamsyn Ambrose became a Slimming World consultant on New Year's Eve last year after losing two-and-a-half stone through the club.
The 23-year-old runs the Bloodmoor Saturday morning group in Carlton Colville and has been given 'silver' status because of her success in supporting local slimmers to reach their dream weight, improve their health and change their lives.
The accolade is awarded to Slimming World consultants who have 100 members or more in their group.
She said: 'I feel passionately about helping people to transform their lives by losing weight in the same way I did when I lost two and a half stone with Slimming World. Losing weight made me feel happier and healthier and gave me so much more confidence.
'I became a consultant because I wanted to share that feeling and help other people to achieve the same success I had myself. Seeing members in my groups – mums, dads, grandmas, and young people too – reach their target weight is so rewarding and receiving the award is just the icing on the cake.'
And if Miss Ambrose continues her success for a number of months, she will swap her silver award for a gold standard.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 7 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
She said: 'The award belongs to my members. They're the ones who make our group the success that it is, with their fabulous commitment, the wonderful support they give each other every week, and, obviously, their impressive weight losses while following Slimming World's Food Optimising eating plan.'
'I'm over the moon to have become a silver consultant and now I'm going for gold. Although I feel like I've already struck gold – I have a healthy figure, a fabulous job that I love and more than 100 great friends in the members. I'm very lucky and I truly believe I have the best job in the world.'
Miss Ambrose has now launched a new Slimming World group at Carlton Colville Primary School on Thursday evenings.
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk