Simply Red announce Suffolk performance
POPULAR band Simply Red has announced it will playing in Thetford Forest next year as part of a live music season run by the Forestry Commission.The group, fronted by Mick Hucknall, has had a string of hits during the past 25 years.
POPULAR band Simply Red has announced it will playing in Thetford Forest next year as part of a live music season run by the Forestry Commission.
The group, fronted by Mick Hucknall, has had a string of hits during the past 25 years.
Simply Red will be on stage at Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on June 11.
Mr Hucknall said: 'As we had such fun performing a solo forest show at Westonbirt Arboretum this year, we decided it would be great to play all the forest concert venues around the country in 2010.
'It is a fantastic experience for a band to play in these unique settings".
Forestry Commission Live Music pays for itself and any profit generated goes back into improving woodlands for both wildlife and the public to enjoy.
- 1 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 2 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 3 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 4 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 7 Best-selling author Ann Cleeves to star at 'extra special' event
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 10 7 reasons why Suffolk is the best county in the UK
Tickets cost �38.00 and will go on sale at 9.00am Friday. Contact the ticket hotline on 01842 814612 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.