Singer provides a positive message for students in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An inspirational singer visited a Lowestoft high school to speak about overcoming challenges and adversity in everyday life.
Challan Carmichael performed for year 10 students at Ormiston Denes Academy – with pupils from Poplars, Woods Loke and Corton Primary schools also in attendance.
Mr Carmichael took the time to take photographs and sign autographs for the students – as he brought his Step by Step national UK Schools Tour to the area.
During his visit, the south London born singer also spoke to students about developing their talents, having a vision in life and helping to achieve their goals.
Along with the performance, there was also time for a question and answer session for the children to be involved in. Ormiston Denes Academy hosted the event last Friday, with youngsters visiting the school on Yarmouth Road to enjoy the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
'It was the first time I had performed to primary school children and it was a really amazing feeling,' said Mr Carmichael.
'It was wonderful to see them respond to my music, not only on the day, but also on social media afterwards. I focus on creating positive and inspiring music that the children can relate to.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
'The children got up and started singing the chorus of my song which was really cool.'
Mr Carmichael performed his debut single Step by Step, which is released on iTunes today, to the children.
Julie Durrant, marketing and communications officer at the academy, added: 'Primary pupils and our own students engaged with him from the start, relating to his positive style and message.
'We wish Challan much success with the release of Step by Step – it was certainly a hit with our young people.'
For more information, visit www.challencarmichael.co.uk or www.facebook.com/ChallanCarmichaelMusic
Do you have a story for our Schoolzone pages? Email email@example.com