Singer Russell Watson films song at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on mobile phone
- Credit: Archant
Classical singer Russell Watson is one of the world's most prominent tenors, having sold over seven millions albums worldwide.
But when he arrived in Lowestoft on Friday evening to perform a sold-out gig at the Marina Theatre, audience members were treated to a good old sing along with a difference- it was all captured on the mobile phone of the singer himself.
Mr Watson posted the video, which lasts just over 90 seconds, onto the social networking site Twitter.
The video shows the capacity crowd standing on their feet and swaying their arms as Mr Watson sang a rendition of the song 'Land of Hope and Glory'.
Karen Thompson, marketing manager at the theatre, said: 'The one word I can use to describe Russell's performance is electrifying.
You may also want to watch:
'We were full to capacity and he got a 30 minute standing ovation and encore. It was one of the best atmospheres we have ever had here.'
For the full story, pick up a copy of this Friday's Journal.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
Were you in the video taken by Russell Watson? Email: email@example.com