Singer Russell Watson films song at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on mobile phone
- Credit: Archant
Classical singer Russell Watson is one of the world's most prominent tenors, having sold over seven millions albums worldwide.
But when he arrived in Lowestoft on Friday evening to perform a sold-out gig at the Marina Theatre, audience members were treated to a good old sing along with a difference- it was all captured on the mobile phone of the singer himself.
Mr Watson posted the video, which lasts just over 90 seconds, onto the social networking site Twitter.
The video shows the capacity crowd standing on their feet and swaying their arms as Mr Watson sang a rendition of the song 'Land of Hope and Glory'.
Karen Thompson, marketing manager at the theatre, said: 'The one word I can use to describe Russell's performance is electrifying.
You may also want to watch:
'We were full to capacity and he got a 30 minute standing ovation and encore. It was one of the best atmospheres we have ever had here.'
For the full story, pick up a copy of this Friday's Journal.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
Were you in the video taken by Russell Watson? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org