Singer Russell Watson films song at Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on mobile phone
- Credit: Archant
Classical singer Russell Watson is one of the world's most prominent tenors, having sold over seven millions albums worldwide.
But when he arrived in Lowestoft on Friday evening to perform a sold-out gig at the Marina Theatre, audience members were treated to a good old sing along with a difference- it was all captured on the mobile phone of the singer himself.
Mr Watson posted the video, which lasts just over 90 seconds, onto the social networking site Twitter.
The video shows the capacity crowd standing on their feet and swaying their arms as Mr Watson sang a rendition of the song 'Land of Hope and Glory'.
Karen Thompson, marketing manager at the theatre, said: 'The one word I can use to describe Russell's performance is electrifying.
You may also want to watch:
'We were full to capacity and he got a 30 minute standing ovation and encore. It was one of the best atmospheres we have ever had here.'
For the full story, pick up a copy of this Friday's Journal.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Were you in the video taken by Russell Watson? Email: email@example.com