Sinkhole opens up in Lowestoft road
- Credit: Archant
A sinkhole has appeared on a Lowestoft road.
Norwich Road, at its junction with Avondale Road, is blocked by the hole but not closed.
Police were called to reports of the surface's disturbance earlier today (Saturday, June 22).
Officers erected temporary fencing around the obstruction.
One woman, who lives in the area, said: "I heard a crumble, looked over and there was a hole."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country