Sir Bobby scarves sell out in 24 hours
MORE unique scarves commemorating the life of Sir Bobby Robson are on order today after club shops sold out in less than 24 hours.Ipswich Town and Newcastle United joined together to honour Sir Bobby and his glory days managing at both clubs.
MORE unique scarves commemorating the life of Sir Bobby Robson are on order today after club shops sold out in less than 24 hours.
Ipswich Town and Newcastle United joined together to honour Sir Bobby and his glory days managing at both clubs.
The blue and black scarf features the crests of both the Blues and the Toon, as well as featuring the mark of the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
Around 1,000 scarves flew off the shelves at the Planet Blue shops selling out by yesterday lunchtime after going on sale on Wednesday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The profits from the sale of the scarves, priced at �6, will go to the former Town and Magpies manager's cancer charity, raising around �6,000 from the first batch to add to the fund.
Elaine Hull, head of retail at the football club, said another order has been placed for 1,000 more of the unique items ahead of the rival's fixture when Town play host to Newcastle on September 26.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade
She said: 'It is another sign of what Sir Bobby means to the people of Ipswich.
'The demand has been amazing and we have already been in contact with suppliers to order more scarves which should be available in Planet Blue stores ahead of the game next week.'
For fans who miss out on getting their black and blue scarf another Ipswich Town scarf went on sale in club stores yesterday.
The blue design features the crest of the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and all the profits raised from the sale of the items will go to boost the charity.
Footage of Sir Bobby's memorial service, which is taking place at Durham Cathedral on Monday, is due to be screened live on the Cornhill from midday.