Sisters enjoy special trip to celebrate the Queen’s birthday in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
CREAM TEA: Six sisters enjoyed cream tea and cakes that were fit for the Queen – after a number of milestone birthdays were celebrated.
They visited the Hatfield Hotel in Lowestoft, on the Queen's birthday (April 21)– the same day that Beryl Campling celebrated her 70th birthday.
Linda Hewitt celebrated her 65th birthday a week later, before youngest sister Susan Brighton celebrates her 60th birthday in June.
They were also joined by Janice Grice, who has recently turned 75, Christine Thurston, 62, and Joyce Gostling, 77.
Although the sisters live across the area, including in Norwich, Spixworth, Beccles, Bungay and Frettenham, they regularly meet up to enjoy each other's company.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Thurston said: 'It was a beautiful day and we also enjoyed a walk along the esplanade,
'As four of them were celebrating, we decided to go somewhere different.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
'We really enjoyed the cream tea – it was a really happy occasion.'