Sisters enjoy special trip to celebrate the Queen’s birthday in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
CREAM TEA: Six sisters enjoyed cream tea and cakes that were fit for the Queen – after a number of milestone birthdays were celebrated.
They visited the Hatfield Hotel in Lowestoft, on the Queen's birthday (April 21)– the same day that Beryl Campling celebrated her 70th birthday.
Linda Hewitt celebrated her 65th birthday a week later, before youngest sister Susan Brighton celebrates her 60th birthday in June.
They were also joined by Janice Grice, who has recently turned 75, Christine Thurston, 62, and Joyce Gostling, 77.
Although the sisters live across the area, including in Norwich, Spixworth, Beccles, Bungay and Frettenham, they regularly meet up to enjoy each other's company.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Thurston said: 'It was a beautiful day and we also enjoyed a walk along the esplanade,
'As four of them were celebrating, we decided to go somewhere different.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 7 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
'We really enjoyed the cream tea – it was a really happy occasion.'