Sisters enjoy special trip to celebrate the Queen’s birthday in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
CREAM TEA: Six sisters enjoyed cream tea and cakes that were fit for the Queen – after a number of milestone birthdays were celebrated.
They visited the Hatfield Hotel in Lowestoft, on the Queen's birthday (April 21)– the same day that Beryl Campling celebrated her 70th birthday.
Linda Hewitt celebrated her 65th birthday a week later, before youngest sister Susan Brighton celebrates her 60th birthday in June.
They were also joined by Janice Grice, who has recently turned 75, Christine Thurston, 62, and Joyce Gostling, 77.
Although the sisters live across the area, including in Norwich, Spixworth, Beccles, Bungay and Frettenham, they regularly meet up to enjoy each other's company.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Thurston said: 'It was a beautiful day and we also enjoyed a walk along the esplanade,
'As four of them were celebrating, we decided to go somewhere different.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
'We really enjoyed the cream tea – it was a really happy occasion.'