Sizewell set for new nuclear station
SIZEWELL has been listed as a potential new site for a nuclear power station as part of locations unveiled by the Government today.Nine of the locations, including Sizewell and Dungeness in Kent, have already been home to nuclear reactors.
SIZEWELL has been listed as a potential new site for a nuclear power station as part of locations unveiled by the Government today.
Nine of the locations, including Sizewell and Dungeness in Kent, have already been home to nuclear reactors.
The sites have been nominated by companies interested in building the stations and have been initially approved by the Government.
Also in the list is Hartlepool in Cleveland; Heysham in Lancashire; Sellafield in Cumbria; Braystones in Cumbria; Kirksanton in Cumbria; Wylfa Peninsula in Anglesey; Oldbury in Gloucestershire; Hinkley Point in Somerset and Bradwell in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The proposals form part of the Government's plan to build a new generation of nuclear power stations to help close what has been described as a "generation gap" expected as existing nuclear and coal-fired stations shutdown.
Members of the public are now being asked for their views during a month-long consultation period.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020