Sizewell set for new nuclear station
SIZEWELL has been listed as a potential new site for a nuclear power station as part of locations unveiled by the Government today.Nine of the locations, including Sizewell and Dungeness in Kent, have already been home to nuclear reactors.
SIZEWELL has been listed as a potential new site for a nuclear power station as part of locations unveiled by the Government today.
Nine of the locations, including Sizewell and Dungeness in Kent, have already been home to nuclear reactors.
The sites have been nominated by companies interested in building the stations and have been initially approved by the Government.
Also in the list is Hartlepool in Cleveland; Heysham in Lancashire; Sellafield in Cumbria; Braystones in Cumbria; Kirksanton in Cumbria; Wylfa Peninsula in Anglesey; Oldbury in Gloucestershire; Hinkley Point in Somerset and Bradwell in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
The proposals form part of the Government's plan to build a new generation of nuclear power stations to help close what has been described as a "generation gap" expected as existing nuclear and coal-fired stations shutdown.
Members of the public are now being asked for their views during a month-long consultation period.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47