Skatepark takes shape in Lowestoft
A NEW state-of-the-art �181,500 skatepark is gathering pace in Lowestoft.While diggers and rubble may still be the norm at Normanston Park, after construction began six weeks ago, the new facility for skateboarders, BMX riders and in-line skaters is likely to be opened in the coming weeks.
A NEW state-of-the-art �181,500 skatepark is gathering pace in Lowestoft.
While diggers and rubble may still be the norm at Normanston Park, after construction began six weeks ago, the new facility for skateboarders, BMX riders and in-line skaters is likely to be opened in the coming weeks.
And there was a further boost as community action group Lowestoft Together gave the project �4,000 for post-construction landscaping work.
EAST (Extreme Adrenalin Sports Together) successfully applied for the funds to design and landscape the area with a cheque being handed over by councillor Deanna Law, board member of Lowestoft Together and Chair of the Waveney Play Partnership, to EAST's chair, Nigel Pinnick-Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pinnick-Smith said: 'We are so thankful for the opportunity to be involved in delivering this amazing facility that we wanted to give something back to the park. We felt it was important that the area surrounding our skate park was landscaped and designed to compliment the overall aesthetics of Normanston Park and applied to Lowestoft Together for funding.'
And Journal reader John Rushmere - who as a member of the Lowestoft Cine and Camcorder Club is recording footage of the transformation from start to finish for a new DVD - captured the progress of the park to date.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid