Skatepark takes shape in Lowestoft
A NEW state-of-the-art �181,500 skatepark is gathering pace in Lowestoft.While diggers and rubble may still be the norm at Normanston Park, after construction began six weeks ago, the new facility for skateboarders, BMX riders and in-line skaters is likely to be opened in the coming weeks.
A NEW state-of-the-art �181,500 skatepark is gathering pace in Lowestoft.
While diggers and rubble may still be the norm at Normanston Park, after construction began six weeks ago, the new facility for skateboarders, BMX riders and in-line skaters is likely to be opened in the coming weeks.
And there was a further boost as community action group Lowestoft Together gave the project �4,000 for post-construction landscaping work.
EAST (Extreme Adrenalin Sports Together) successfully applied for the funds to design and landscape the area with a cheque being handed over by councillor Deanna Law, board member of Lowestoft Together and Chair of the Waveney Play Partnership, to EAST's chair, Nigel Pinnick-Smith.
Mr Pinnick-Smith said: 'We are so thankful for the opportunity to be involved in delivering this amazing facility that we wanted to give something back to the park. We felt it was important that the area surrounding our skate park was landscaped and designed to compliment the overall aesthetics of Normanston Park and applied to Lowestoft Together for funding.'
And Journal reader John Rushmere - who as a member of the Lowestoft Cine and Camcorder Club is recording footage of the transformation from start to finish for a new DVD - captured the progress of the park to date.
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 3 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 4 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 6 Have you got any memories of the James Paget hospital when it opened?
- 7 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 8 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 9 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 10 Coastal town residents urged to vote on future regeneration plan