Slideshow: Seething charity air day
Hayley MaceA former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.Hayley Mace
A former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.
The popular event at the south Norfolk airfield featured displays from modern and historic aeroplanes, including a first world war Fokker triplane which was at the show for the first time.
As well as enjoying displays of classic and vintage cars on the ground, the crowds watched display pilots show off their aerobatic skills in aircraft including a Hornet Moth and a Russian Aerobatic Yak 52.
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of Ian Davies, a member of the airfield's flying club and employee of the EDP's parent company Archant, who was killed in an air crash at Seething last year.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Spire Hospital Cancer Charity.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown