Slideshow: Seething charity air day
Hayley MaceA former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.Hayley Mace
A former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.
The popular event at the south Norfolk airfield featured displays from modern and historic aeroplanes, including a first world war Fokker triplane which was at the show for the first time.
As well as enjoying displays of classic and vintage cars on the ground, the crowds watched display pilots show off their aerobatic skills in aircraft including a Hornet Moth and a Russian Aerobatic Yak 52.
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of Ian Davies, a member of the airfield's flying club and employee of the EDP's parent company Archant, who was killed in an air crash at Seething last year.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Spire Hospital Cancer Charity.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Awareness and funds raised as walk for brave Drew hailed a success
- 7 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 8 T-rex to stomp its way across county on tour of towns and resorts
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 'Great to be back': parkrun returns to popular promenade