Slideshow: Seething charity air day
Hayley MaceA former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.Hayley Mace
A former second world war airfield welcomed hundreds of visitors as the ninth Seething Airfield charity day took place on Saturday.
The popular event at the south Norfolk airfield featured displays from modern and historic aeroplanes, including a first world war Fokker triplane which was at the show for the first time.
As well as enjoying displays of classic and vintage cars on the ground, the crowds watched display pilots show off their aerobatic skills in aircraft including a Hornet Moth and a Russian Aerobatic Yak 52.
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of Ian Davies, a member of the airfield's flying club and employee of the EDP's parent company Archant, who was killed in an air crash at Seething last year.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Spire Hospital Cancer Charity.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Junction closed for third crossing preparations