Cooker fire sparks call out
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters were called out following reports of a cooker blaze at a home.
Three crews were initially alerted following reports of a building fire in Whites Lane, Kessingland.
Two crews from Lowestoft South fire station and a crew from Wrentham fire station were alerted at 4.58pm on Friday, March 22.
But with the first crew quickly on scene, the other two fire crews were stood down as a small cooker blaze was discovered.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'This was a cooker fire which was out before the arrival of the fire service, and so the crew ventilated the property.'
You may also want to watch:
The scene was cleared by 5.10pm.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'