‘Smell of burning’ at KFC sparks late night fire crew call out
- Credit: Archant
An above door heater saw the fire service called to a branch of KFC overnight.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called at 1.45am to reports of a small fire in the fast food chain on Marine Parade, Lowestoft.
On arrival it was discovered the restaurants over door heater had a small electrical fault causing the smell of burning.
A spokesman from the fire service said they isolated the heater and detached it from the mains electricity to put out the fire.
Ian Carter, an on call firefighter in Lowestoft, tweeted: 'S16P3 called to smell of burning at a fast food outlet in Lowestoft with watch from Lowestoft South. Early start for our new on call firefighter Dale Parker.'
You may also want to watch:
KFC confirmed they are open for business despite the call out and described the problem as a 'small electrical fault'.
Two engines were called to the incident, one from North Lowestoft and one from Lowestoft South, which had been dealt with by 2.20am.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school