Smile everyone, we are simply outstanding
STAFF and children at a pre-school in Carlton Colville are celebrating after it was rated 'outstanding'.
Uplands Pre-school, in Ashburnham Way, was given a top rating in every area of its assessment by Ofsted.
The inspectors' report said: 'Parents report that they are extremely happy with the setting and 'could not wish for a better start' for their children. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of all that the setting does with the children, and staff are exceedingly effective in ensuring that all children are able to participate fully.'
Manager Samantha Howlett said the success was 'all down to team work'
She said: 'We are dedicated to the children. We work together to ensure that the children are working to the best of their ability. We have lots of children with additional needs which we support.
You may also want to watch:
'At the end of the day we are not in it for the money we are in it for the love of the job.'
Although the pre-school, based at Uplands Community Centre, was graded outstanding overall, it was given one area for improvement: to develop systems for observation and assessment to track children's progress and learning.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 10 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
Mrs Howlett, who has worked at the pre-school for 13 years, added: 'We have 165 children on our waiting list. We have such a good team. The report makes me feel brilliant – I can't believe the outcome was outstanding.
'We've had so many thank you cards. We have a brilliant relationship with the parents and we know them all by first name.'
The Ofsted report, based on a visit by inspectors in September, praised staff for being motivated, well qualified and enthusiastic and said children's health and physical needs were met to a very high standard.