Smile everyone, we are simply outstanding
STAFF and children at a pre-school in Carlton Colville are celebrating after it was rated 'outstanding'.
Uplands Pre-school, in Ashburnham Way, was given a top rating in every area of its assessment by Ofsted.
The inspectors' report said: 'Parents report that they are extremely happy with the setting and 'could not wish for a better start' for their children. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of all that the setting does with the children, and staff are exceedingly effective in ensuring that all children are able to participate fully.'
Manager Samantha Howlett said the success was 'all down to team work'
She said: 'We are dedicated to the children. We work together to ensure that the children are working to the best of their ability. We have lots of children with additional needs which we support.
'At the end of the day we are not in it for the money we are in it for the love of the job.'
Although the pre-school, based at Uplands Community Centre, was graded outstanding overall, it was given one area for improvement: to develop systems for observation and assessment to track children's progress and learning.
- 1 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 2 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 3 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 4 Man arrested and charged following robbery at Shell garage
- 5 Lowestoft Co-op now on Just Eat
- 6 Family of 'beautiful' Tilli, five, launch appeal to aid rehabilitation
- 7 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 8 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 9 Find a new family for cat made homeless after a puppy moved in
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Mrs Howlett, who has worked at the pre-school for 13 years, added: 'We have 165 children on our waiting list. We have such a good team. The report makes me feel brilliant – I can't believe the outcome was outstanding.
'We've had so many thank you cards. We have a brilliant relationship with the parents and we know them all by first name.'
The Ofsted report, based on a visit by inspectors in September, praised staff for being motivated, well qualified and enthusiastic and said children's health and physical needs were met to a very high standard.