Snow falls across Suffolk and Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The first flakes of snow this winter have fallen in Suffolk.
Shortly after 10am today snow began falling in the west of the county, which forecasters Weatherquest confirmed.
And about 11.20am in Lowestoft, a sprinkling of light snow fell across the town.
Chris Bell said: 'There is some snow coming over to the west of the county, and there could be flurries to the east as well.
'Snow is falling around Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury.'
You may also want to watch:
Snow has also been falling in parts of Norfolk, with some snowy scenes captured this morning in Cromer and Norwich.
Mr Bell added the rest of the county may see snow in the next hour or two, but did say it wouldn't amount to anything more than a 'light dusting.'
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
'By midday, 1pm sort of time that will push away.
'Later today we may get light rain and sleet to the south of the county, but nothing to cause too many issues.'
He also added he would that forecasters would be keeping an eye on another weather front which may cause snow in Suffolk on Tuesday.
'It could give some snow, but there's no indication yet,' he said.
'It will be a cold week.
'Coupled with the snow showers today and the cold weather there's a potential for icy roads this evening.'