Snow falls across Suffolk and Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
The first flakes of snow this winter have fallen in Suffolk.
Shortly after 10am today snow began falling in the west of the county, which forecasters Weatherquest confirmed.
And about 11.20am in Lowestoft, a sprinkling of light snow fell across the town.
Chris Bell said: 'There is some snow coming over to the west of the county, and there could be flurries to the east as well.
'Snow is falling around Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury.'
You may also want to watch:
Snow has also been falling in parts of Norfolk, with some snowy scenes captured this morning in Cromer and Norwich.
Mr Bell added the rest of the county may see snow in the next hour or two, but did say it wouldn't amount to anything more than a 'light dusting.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
'By midday, 1pm sort of time that will push away.
'Later today we may get light rain and sleet to the south of the county, but nothing to cause too many issues.'
He also added he would that forecasters would be keeping an eye on another weather front which may cause snow in Suffolk on Tuesday.
'It could give some snow, but there's no indication yet,' he said.
'It will be a cold week.
'Coupled with the snow showers today and the cold weather there's a potential for icy roads this evening.'