Snow likely to return to Suffolk
SNOW is poised to return this week as conditions start to deteriorate over the next few days.
The Met Office has issued weather advisories for throughout this week and warns there will be a risk of widespread ice affecting untreated surfaces.
There were some early signs of things to come this morning as motorists were warned to take care of ice across Suffolk.
Mist patches were also causing a potential problem, although they were expected to clear up fairly quickly. It should stay mainly dry and chilly with some sunny intervals for the rest of the day.
The highest termperature will be 4C, dropping to -1C this evening. Forecasters warned of a widespread frost tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow will also begin misty, with some rain, but becoming brighter later, with some sunshine. The mercury maximum will get to 4C.
But the weather will start to take a turn for the worse on Wednesday with some wintry showers before clearing up for periods.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 New shop set to open in prominent town centre store
- 6 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
Rain, sleet and snow will strike on Thursday as temperatures struggle to reach 3C during the day and plunging to -4C at night.
On Friday, scattered snow showers will become heavier before dry, sunny spells move in. The highest temperature will be zero.