Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: 'Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
'The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle - but temp
'Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.'
- 1 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 2 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Delays expected for bridge works
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 8 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.