Snow set to hit Suffolk
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region. A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
SUFFOLK awoke to a miserable downpour of rain today, as snow continues to make its way across the region.
A mixture of rain and snow is expected to continue through most of the day, with temperatures remaining low at 4C.
Forecasters today predicted that the dull spell would continue for most of the week.
Steve Western, a forecaster for WeatherQuest, said: 'Some of Suffolk has already had snow this morning, and other areas are likely to get some today as it makes its way across from other areas.
You may also want to watch:
'The snow is not expected to accumulate and it probably won't settle - but temp
'Over the course of the next few days there is likely to still be a mixture of snow, sleet and rain - the weather will remain wet and unsettled for most of the week.'
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 9 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The rain has caused flooding in other parts of East Anglia, with Essex Fire Service being called to two incidents involving cars stuck in flood water.