Snow showers set to dust Suffolk
WRAP up in your winter woolies, snow showers are on the way.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich said they are expecting to see sleet showers and dustings of snow across Suffolk by Friday.
A cold spell is set to grip the county as temperatures plummet below freezing at night and struggle to break above the freezing mark during the day.
Tomorrow the unsettled weather will continue with showers pushing in from the North Sea.
By Wednesday evening the mercury is expected to drop to between -3C and -4C with chances of sleet on Thursday.
By Friday morning forecasters are predicting people will wake up to snow in parts of Suffolk, with the wintry spell lasting into the weekend.
Weather expert John Law said: 'We are expecting cold weather through to the start of next week.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Waveney MP says PM should 'hold up his hands' over No 10 party
'It will be really cold, both during the day and at night. By Friday daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 4C.
'Snow and sleet are looking a real possibility.'
Mr Law said snow was more likely in eastern parts of the county but temperatures will be coldest in the west.
He warned motorists to take care on the roads as the cold temperatures will cause icy conditions on the roads.
'It is going to be a cold one for us here. People will need to take care, there will be ice on the roads,' Mr Law added.