Snow showers set to dust Suffolk
WRAP up in your winter woolies, snow showers are on the way.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich said they are expecting to see sleet showers and dustings of snow across Suffolk by Friday.
A cold spell is set to grip the county as temperatures plummet below freezing at night and struggle to break above the freezing mark during the day.
Tomorrow the unsettled weather will continue with showers pushing in from the North Sea.
By Wednesday evening the mercury is expected to drop to between -3C and -4C with chances of sleet on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
By Friday morning forecasters are predicting people will wake up to snow in parts of Suffolk, with the wintry spell lasting into the weekend.
Weather expert John Law said: 'We are expecting cold weather through to the start of next week.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 9 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 10 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
'It will be really cold, both during the day and at night. By Friday daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 4C.
'Snow and sleet are looking a real possibility.'
Mr Law said snow was more likely in eastern parts of the county but temperatures will be coldest in the west.
He warned motorists to take care on the roads as the cold temperatures will cause icy conditions on the roads.
'It is going to be a cold one for us here. People will need to take care, there will be ice on the roads,' Mr Law added.