Snow showers set to dust Suffolk
WRAP up in your winter woolies, snow showers are on the way.
Forecasters at WeatherQuest in Norwich said they are expecting to see sleet showers and dustings of snow across Suffolk by Friday.
A cold spell is set to grip the county as temperatures plummet below freezing at night and struggle to break above the freezing mark during the day.
Tomorrow the unsettled weather will continue with showers pushing in from the North Sea.
By Wednesday evening the mercury is expected to drop to between -3C and -4C with chances of sleet on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
By Friday morning forecasters are predicting people will wake up to snow in parts of Suffolk, with the wintry spell lasting into the weekend.
Weather expert John Law said: 'We are expecting cold weather through to the start of next week.
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 10 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
'It will be really cold, both during the day and at night. By Friday daytime temperatures will struggle to reach 4C.
'Snow and sleet are looking a real possibility.'
Mr Law said snow was more likely in eastern parts of the county but temperatures will be coldest in the west.
He warned motorists to take care on the roads as the cold temperatures will cause icy conditions on the roads.
'It is going to be a cold one for us here. People will need to take care, there will be ice on the roads,' Mr Law added.