Snow White and Keith Jack to hit Marina
A WHITE Christmas to dwarf all others is set to hit Lowestoft later this year.The Journal can today reveal that this year's pantomime will be Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - and it will take centre stage at The Marina Theatre in Lowestoft from December.
A WHITE Christmas to dwarf all others is set to hit Lowestoft later this year.
The Journal can today reveal that this year's pantomime will be Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - and it will take centre stage at The Marina Theatre in Lowestoft from December.
The theatre will be teaming up with producers Paul Holman Associates, who have a successful, long-established track record in producing pantos, children's shows and summer seasons.
Paul Holman said: 'We're looking forward to playing to audiences both young and old with a production featuring a fine cast, spectacular costumes, stunning scenery and good old fashioned slapstick. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is going to be an action packed show, exciting, fresh and full of family fun.'
You may also want to watch:
This year's panto will run from December 11 to January 3 and will once again include performances throughout the Christmas and New Year holiday, and a number of shows for schools.
'The pantomime will feature an all-star cast so keep an eye on The Journal in the next few weeks for full details,' a theatre spokesman said.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
And in another boost for the Marina, a top West End musical is set to return this Autumn.
Bill Kenwright's highly acclaimed production of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's family musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will play 12 performances from October 19.
Keith Jack, runner-up to Lee Mead in hit BBC series Any Dream Will Do, will take the title role.
Marina manager Martin Halliday said: 'This is absolutely fantastic news for the Marina, Lowestoft and the people of Waveney. Once again our audiences will not have to travel hundreds of miles in search of high quality family entertainment, I am delighted and extremely honoured to have been able to secure another visit of this terrific production for the Marina.'
The last time the musical visited it smashed box office records, and as tickets for this year's visit go on sale from today, people are being urged to book early by calling the Marina on 01502 533200.
Tickets for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, priced from �5, are now also available.