Stunning ‘snowbrella’ shot wins Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning 'snowbrella' shot captured by Glenn Long during last week's visit by the Beast from the East has won the Journal's Picture of the Week.
It was taken on Friday, March 2, on the footpath that runs alongside Castleton Avenue in Carlton Colville by the 57-year-old on a Nikon D810.
Mr Long said: 'I've had a shot in mind for some while but with fog, as the snow came first it was the perfect chance to capture what I had in my head.
'I love the shot as it has a fun element whilst capturing the mood of the moment.
'The standard of previous winners is very high so it's nice to be chosen among so many photographers.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Long receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode