Incredible video shows snowplough train busting its way through snow
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East may have passed and the snow may have mostly melted, but the white stuff still needed to be cleared to allow the trains to run.
Greater Anglia, who were forced to close the Norwich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Lowestoft lines throughout the severe weather, tweeted this incredible video of a snowplough train doing its work.
The video shows a train throwing snow 10 feet in the air as it moves snow drifts off the tracks at Strumpshaw Fen, between Brundall and Cantley stations on the Norwich to Lowestoft line.
Trains are running normally again into Lowestoft for the first time since the snow hit last Tuesday after widespread cancellations last week.
Greater Anglia apologised for the inconveneince caused by last week's severe weather.
You may also want to watch:
In a post on their website they said: 'From Mon 26 February to Sun 4 March 2018 widespread disruption was experienced across the Greater Anglia network due to the severe weather conditions.
'We would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced travelling with us. Greater Anglia and Network Rail teams are continuing to work round the clock to keep services running.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 6 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 10 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
'We aim to run the full normal timetable resuming from Monday 5 March 2018. Please do continue to check before you travel.
'Ticket restrictions have been lifted for passengers who were unable to travel on pre-booked or advance purchase tickets between 26 February and 4 March, so they can complete their journey at any point before the end of Wednesday 7 March.'