Incredible video shows snowplough train busting its way through snow
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East may have passed and the snow may have mostly melted, but the white stuff still needed to be cleared to allow the trains to run.
Greater Anglia, who were forced to close the Norwich to Lowestoft and Ipswich to Lowestoft lines throughout the severe weather, tweeted this incredible video of a snowplough train doing its work.
The video shows a train throwing snow 10 feet in the air as it moves snow drifts off the tracks at Strumpshaw Fen, between Brundall and Cantley stations on the Norwich to Lowestoft line.
Trains are running normally again into Lowestoft for the first time since the snow hit last Tuesday after widespread cancellations last week.
Greater Anglia apologised for the inconveneince caused by last week's severe weather.
You may also want to watch:
In a post on their website they said: 'From Mon 26 February to Sun 4 March 2018 widespread disruption was experienced across the Greater Anglia network due to the severe weather conditions.
'We would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced travelling with us. Greater Anglia and Network Rail teams are continuing to work round the clock to keep services running.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
'We aim to run the full normal timetable resuming from Monday 5 March 2018. Please do continue to check before you travel.
'Ticket restrictions have been lifted for passengers who were unable to travel on pre-booked or advance purchase tickets between 26 February and 4 March, so they can complete their journey at any point before the end of Wednesday 7 March.'