Snowy squirrel close-up wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
The Journal office has simply gone nuts for this close-up shot of a squirrel enjoying a spot of lunch on a snowy day.
Georgina Brown, of Lowestoft, used her Nikon P900 to take the picture.
The 61-year-old said: 'My husband treated me to a new camera as an early Christmas present and I wanted to go out and play so to speak.
'This particular morning was cold and white so we went out armed with seeds and nuts for the birds and squirrels on Everitt's park.'
She added: 'I ended up with several shots I was quite pleased with - I like the snowy bit as it looked seasonal.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted