Society not speaking for us
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.
I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
I felt so proud that our village of Kessingland and the council were able to see further into the future and not just to the end of their noses than most.
Now I read in the Lowestoft Journal that the Suffolk Preservation Society, a so called civic watchdog, is bringing a legal challenge to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
Who are these people and where are they coming from and who do they speak for? Not me, I can assure you, and not most of the people I have spoken to.
We pride ourselves on being able to see into the future. When global warming starts to erode the lovely Suffolk coastline they think they are protecting, will they then be protesting against fossil fuels and trying to bring in renewable energy - too late then mate!
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 6 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 7 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 8 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
Suffolk Preservation Society get out there and find out what ordinary people want. The one's who really do care about the whale, planet and not just their back gardens.
If you think we should have these turbines write to the planning office, give them your support.
Is there any more information where this legal review is to be heard and will everyone have a vote on this and not just the few whose soapboxes contain non eco friendly powder?