Society not speaking for us
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.
I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
I felt so proud that our village of Kessingland and the council were able to see further into the future and not just to the end of their noses than most.
Now I read in the Lowestoft Journal that the Suffolk Preservation Society, a so called civic watchdog, is bringing a legal challenge to stop them.
Who are these people and where are they coming from and who do they speak for? Not me, I can assure you, and not most of the people I have spoken to.
We pride ourselves on being able to see into the future. When global warming starts to erode the lovely Suffolk coastline they think they are protecting, will they then be protesting against fossil fuels and trying to bring in renewable energy - too late then mate!
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 9 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 10 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
Suffolk Preservation Society get out there and find out what ordinary people want. The one's who really do care about the whale, planet and not just their back gardens.
If you think we should have these turbines write to the planning office, give them your support.
Is there any more information where this legal review is to be heard and will everyone have a vote on this and not just the few whose soapboxes contain non eco friendly powder?