Society not speaking for us
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
ONCE again I find myself writing in defence of clean, renewable energy - wind turbines.
I was so pleased when I heard that Waveney District Council had given permission for two to be built in our area.
I felt so proud that our village of Kessingland and the council were able to see further into the future and not just to the end of their noses than most.
Now I read in the Lowestoft Journal that the Suffolk Preservation Society, a so called civic watchdog, is bringing a legal challenge to stop them.
You may also want to watch:
Who are these people and where are they coming from and who do they speak for? Not me, I can assure you, and not most of the people I have spoken to.
We pride ourselves on being able to see into the future. When global warming starts to erode the lovely Suffolk coastline they think they are protecting, will they then be protesting against fossil fuels and trying to bring in renewable energy - too late then mate!
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 8 Warning after dog swallows baited fishing hook on beach
- 9 All set for reopening at Pleasurewood Hills
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
Suffolk Preservation Society get out there and find out what ordinary people want. The one's who really do care about the whale, planet and not just their back gardens.
If you think we should have these turbines write to the planning office, give them your support.
Is there any more information where this legal review is to be heard and will everyone have a vote on this and not just the few whose soapboxes contain non eco friendly powder?