Art exhibition raises funds for important village project
- Credit: Archant
Talented artists were able to showcase their work as a popular art exhibition made its return.
Despite having to compete with England's World Cup quarter-final match, Somerleyton Village Art Sale and Exhibition attracted more than 125 people to the village on Saturday, July 7.
The event, now in its third year, gave budding artists an opportunity to exhibit their work to a wider audience and raised £193 towards the refurbishment of the village hall.
Organiser Dee Smith said: 'The feedback was very encouraging, with many saying that the standard of art was very high. Word is getting around that this is an exhibition not to miss and visitors commented that, in just three years, it has come a long way.
'I would like to thank both visitors and exhibitors for making it a successful event.'
You may also want to watch:
Preparation is already under way for next year's exhibition, which will take place on July 6, 2019.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend