Barn dance - The annual village barn dance took place Waveney Grange Farm last Saturday evening was a resounding success with numbers attending much increased on last year.
Barn dance - The annual village barn dance took place Waveney Grange Farm last Saturday evening was a resounding success with numbers attending much increased on last year. The weather was kind even though the huge barn could have sheltered all inside if necessary. The caller, from the band Happy Feet, worked hard coaching all the dancers in some very intricate steps and the music was enjoyed by all.
Women's Link - The June meeting takes place on Thursday, at 7.30pm, in the village hall and is entitled summer puddings. Members are invited to bring along a pudding to share.
Church services - On Sunday, a service of evensong will be held at 6.30pm in St Mary's Church, Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 8 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- 9 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 10 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away