Somerleyton community news
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham.
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham. She brought along various quilted items for the audience to see and explained why she had made each one and where it had been exhibited. The group were all thoroughly entertained and inspired by her. The next meeting takes place on Thursday, May 7 at 7.30pm when members are invited to come along and try lawn bowling on Somerleyton village bowling green.
Club Ubiquity - The next session of Club Uniquity takes place on Friday, April 24 in the Duke's Head barn. Music starts at 8pm and admission is free.
Community Association - The annual meeting for the Somerleyton Community Association takes place at Somerleyton Village Hall, The Street, Somerleyton on Thursday, April 30 at 7.45pm.
Church services - On Sunday, April 26 a group service of holy communion for the Hexagon parishes will be held at 10.30am in St Mary's Church, Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex