Somerleyton community news
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham.
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham. She brought along various quilted items for the audience to see and explained why she had made each one and where it had been exhibited. The group were all thoroughly entertained and inspired by her. The next meeting takes place on Thursday, May 7 at 7.30pm when members are invited to come along and try lawn bowling on Somerleyton village bowling green.
Club Ubiquity - The next session of Club Uniquity takes place on Friday, April 24 in the Duke's Head barn. Music starts at 8pm and admission is free.
Community Association - The annual meeting for the Somerleyton Community Association takes place at Somerleyton Village Hall, The Street, Somerleyton on Thursday, April 30 at 7.45pm.
Church services - On Sunday, April 26 a group service of holy communion for the Hexagon parishes will be held at 10.30am in St Mary's Church, Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold