Somerleyton community news
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham.
Quilt talk - On Thursday, April 9, 27 members of Somerleyton's Women's Link attended Helen Howe's talk entitled What A Lot Of Quilts. Helen is a textile artist and kite maker based in Raveningham. She brought along various quilted items for the audience to see and explained why she had made each one and where it had been exhibited. The group were all thoroughly entertained and inspired by her. The next meeting takes place on Thursday, May 7 at 7.30pm when members are invited to come along and try lawn bowling on Somerleyton village bowling green.
Club Ubiquity - The next session of Club Uniquity takes place on Friday, April 24 in the Duke's Head barn. Music starts at 8pm and admission is free.
Community Association - The annual meeting for the Somerleyton Community Association takes place at Somerleyton Village Hall, The Street, Somerleyton on Thursday, April 30 at 7.45pm.
Church services - On Sunday, April 26 a group service of holy communion for the Hexagon parishes will be held at 10.30am in St Mary's Church, Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease