Somerleyton post office honoured
THERE was joy for a north Suffolk post office today after it received a prestigious honour.Somerleyton Post Office was unveiled as the Best Community Post Office in the London, south east and east region after winning the regional heats.
THERE was joy for a north Suffolk post office today after it received a prestigious honour.
Somerleyton Post Office was unveiled as the Best Community Post Office in the London, south east and east region after winning the regional heats.
The post office, based in The Street, clinched the award in the regional heats of the 2009 People's Post Office Awards.
Somerleyton Post Office will now go forward to the national final being held on May 21, where it will be in the running for the title of the UK's Best Post Office branch.
You may also want to watch:
Subpostmistress Lynne Homer said: 'We are absolutely delighted to win this regional award. I have a great team and wonderful customers. This Post Office is a big part of the community.
'I really enjoy coming to work each day. The community has made me feel really welcome in this area. I was born in England, but I lived for many, many years in Africa and then I came here to Somerleyton. I have done a wide variety of jobs, but this has been the most demanding job I have done, as I work hard to make my customers happy, but in return the customers are very appreciative.'
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 10 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
The People's Post Office Awards - which are supported by National Savings & Investments (NS&I) - aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in Post Office branches across the UK. There are awards for Best Crown, Town and City, and Community Post Offices and special awards for branches and other outlets which demonstrate unique ways of providing services and who make a real contribution to the local community.
A Post Office spokesperson said: 'Being crowned the Best Community Post Office in London, south east and east region is a worthy accolade for Somerleyton Post Office, particularly as it reflects recognition of the team's hard work and dedication by the customers they serve every day. We congratulate the team on their success and wish them the best of luck in the national finals in May.'
Jane Platt, NS&I's Chief Executive added: 'To be awarded this title is an exceptional achievement which everyone who works at Somerleyton Post Office should be particularly proud of, we wish them the very best of luck at the national finals.'