Somerleyton School Fete returns for most successful year ever
- Credit: Archant
A school fete had its most successful year to date raising over £5,000 that will aid pupils education.
Somerleyton Primary School, in The Street, held its secret garden themed fete on Saturday, July 8.
Guests were entertained by live music, craft stalls and donkey rides and over 800 burgers and hotdogs were sold.
Louise Spall, headteacher, said: 'All headteachers know the restraints we work under with budget pressures so any additional funds are a wonderful bonus.
'The money is used to enhance music provision and help pay for trips to support the curriculum.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'The fete is testament to how working together as a community can benefit everyone. I would like to say a sincere thank you to the PTFA who have astonished everyone creating the best summer fete on record.
'I would also like to say a special thank you Lord Somerleyton for opening the fete and to Somerleyton Estates for generously donating to the barbecue and the raffle.'
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 4 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 5 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked