Somerleyton School Fete returns for most successful year ever
- Credit: Archant
A school fete had its most successful year to date raising over £5,000 that will aid pupils education.
Somerleyton Primary School, in The Street, held its secret garden themed fete on Saturday, July 8.
Guests were entertained by live music, craft stalls and donkey rides and over 800 burgers and hotdogs were sold.
Louise Spall, headteacher, said: 'All headteachers know the restraints we work under with budget pressures so any additional funds are a wonderful bonus.
'The money is used to enhance music provision and help pay for trips to support the curriculum.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'The fete is testament to how working together as a community can benefit everyone. I would like to say a sincere thank you to the PTFA who have astonished everyone creating the best summer fete on record.
'I would also like to say a special thank you Lord Somerleyton for opening the fete and to Somerleyton Estates for generously donating to the barbecue and the raffle.'
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary