Somerleyton School Fete returns for most successful year ever
- Credit: Archant
A school fete had its most successful year to date raising over £5,000 that will aid pupils education.
Somerleyton Primary School, in The Street, held its secret garden themed fete on Saturday, July 8.
Guests were entertained by live music, craft stalls and donkey rides and over 800 burgers and hotdogs were sold.
Louise Spall, headteacher, said: 'All headteachers know the restraints we work under with budget pressures so any additional funds are a wonderful bonus.
'The money is used to enhance music provision and help pay for trips to support the curriculum.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'The fete is testament to how working together as a community can benefit everyone. I would like to say a sincere thank you to the PTFA who have astonished everyone creating the best summer fete on record.
'I would also like to say a special thank you Lord Somerleyton for opening the fete and to Somerleyton Estates for generously donating to the barbecue and the raffle.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced