Somerleyton School Fete returns for most successful year ever
- Credit: Archant
A school fete had its most successful year to date raising over £5,000 that will aid pupils education.
Somerleyton Primary School, in The Street, held its secret garden themed fete on Saturday, July 8.
Guests were entertained by live music, craft stalls and donkey rides and over 800 burgers and hotdogs were sold.
Louise Spall, headteacher, said: 'All headteachers know the restraints we work under with budget pressures so any additional funds are a wonderful bonus.
'The money is used to enhance music provision and help pay for trips to support the curriculum.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'The fete is testament to how working together as a community can benefit everyone. I would like to say a sincere thank you to the PTFA who have astonished everyone creating the best summer fete on record.
'I would also like to say a special thank you Lord Somerleyton for opening the fete and to Somerleyton Estates for generously donating to the barbecue and the raffle.'
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 7 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 10 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches