Somerleyton to host Help for Heroes charity event
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Historic Somerleyton Hall is the venue for a spring ball in aid of the Help for Heroes charity.
The black-tie event will be held in the hall's orangery on May 20 from 7.30pm.
It will include live music and entertainment, a welcome drink and canapés on the lawn and in the sunken garden, a three-course meal and an auction of promises.
Lots up for grabs include a day for two people with the Red Arrows at RAF Scampton, a lazy day on the River Waveney, a night for two at Hintelsham Hall, a one-hour flight experience from Old Buckenham Airfield and a tour of the House of Commons.
There will also be a magician a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing £75, are available from Lucy Coote on 07753299925.
Anyone who is unable to attend, and would like to put in silent bid in for the auction lots, should also contact Lucy Coote.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 3 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 4 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 5 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 6 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 7 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 8 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 9 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 10 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike