Southwold brewer Adnams aims to find its voice
SOUTHWOLD brewer, distiller and retailer Adnams is this week launching a new marketing campaign.
The company has again teamed up with Soho-based communications agency DHM which was also responsible for Adnams' 'Beer From the Coast' campaign, which has run successfully since 2003.
While the coastal images were aimed at establishing a sense of place for the company, the new campaign, 'Let's Talk Beer', aims to give it a voice.
It initially involves posters and beer mats carrying 'stories' such as 'Broadside – It's rich. Or as one Facebook member said – 'It's not a beer, it's a pie'. (Thanks Jack!)'
Another reads: 'Have you seen our grass roofed distribution centre? You might have seen it and thought it was the only hill in Suffolk'.
'Beer from the Coast established Adnams as the coastal brewer and we wanted to build on this by telling customers the wider Adnams story; the stories behind our beers, our values, our people and our home in Southwold,' said chief executive Andy Wood.
'As a small company, we value our conversations with all our customers and consumers. And where better to start those conversations than in a pub?'
- 1 Part of A47 closed in Lowestoft due to incident
- 2 Police seek help to identify man after wallet theft
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 6 Street to be decorated with Christmas decorations for Children's charity
- 7 Crackdown on second home owners exploiting tax loophole on coast
- 8 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
Dave Dye, founding partner at DHM, said the campaign was 'conversational' and aimed to 'capture a sense of Adnams' personality while allowing consumers to engage with the brand.'