Southwold councillor new chairman of Suffolk County Council
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk County Council has a brand new chairman following their annual meeting in May.
Michael Ladd, conservative councillor for Reydon and Southwold, was elected to the position of chairman at the meeting.
Mr Ladd, who has lived in Southwold all his life and worked for local brewery Adnams for more than 40 years, has been a Southwold town councillor since 1990 and has been town mayor on four occacsions
He said: 'I am very proud and honoured to be made chairman for the next civic year and look forward to representing the council all around this fantastic county of ours and to see many parts of Suffolk I have never visited before.'
Mr Ladd has chosen Suffolk Artlink as his charity for the year.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, who are based in The Cut, Halesworth, are a participatory arts charity developing and delivering inclusive arts programmes in communities that bring skills, support networks, confidence and joy to people all round Suffolk.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 7 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 8 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 9 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 10 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown