Southwold councillor new chairman of Suffolk County Council
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk County Council has a brand new chairman following their annual meeting in May.
Michael Ladd, conservative councillor for Reydon and Southwold, was elected to the position of chairman at the meeting.
Mr Ladd, who has lived in Southwold all his life and worked for local brewery Adnams for more than 40 years, has been a Southwold town councillor since 1990 and has been town mayor on four occacsions
He said: 'I am very proud and honoured to be made chairman for the next civic year and look forward to representing the council all around this fantastic county of ours and to see many parts of Suffolk I have never visited before.'
Mr Ladd has chosen Suffolk Artlink as his charity for the year.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, who are based in The Cut, Halesworth, are a participatory arts charity developing and delivering inclusive arts programmes in communities that bring skills, support networks, confidence and joy to people all round Suffolk.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open