Southwold councillor new chairman of Suffolk County Council
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk County Council has a brand new chairman following their annual meeting in May.
Michael Ladd, conservative councillor for Reydon and Southwold, was elected to the position of chairman at the meeting.
Mr Ladd, who has lived in Southwold all his life and worked for local brewery Adnams for more than 40 years, has been a Southwold town councillor since 1990 and has been town mayor on four occacsions
He said: 'I am very proud and honoured to be made chairman for the next civic year and look forward to representing the council all around this fantastic county of ours and to see many parts of Suffolk I have never visited before.'
Mr Ladd has chosen Suffolk Artlink as his charity for the year.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, who are based in The Cut, Halesworth, are a participatory arts charity developing and delivering inclusive arts programmes in communities that bring skills, support networks, confidence and joy to people all round Suffolk.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 8 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings