Southwold crash victim update
A woman who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.30am.
A woman who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.
The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.30am.
Police have also confirmed that the driver of the car - a black Chrysler PT - who was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with a head injury, was married to the victim.
The road near Southwold Common was closed for several hours as traffic police carried out investigations into the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the condition of the injured man have not yet been released.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 7 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations