Southwold crash victim update
A woman who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.30am.
A woman who died after she was hit by a car in Southwold yesterday was from the Yarmouth area, police have confirmed.
The 64-year-old died at the scene of the collision in the Godyll Road / Lorne Road at about 11.30am.
Police have also confirmed that the driver of the car - a black Chrysler PT - who was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with a head injury, was married to the victim.
The road near Southwold Common was closed for several hours as traffic police carried out investigations into the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Details of the condition of the injured man have not yet been released.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls