Softball cricket event to encourage more women to play the sport
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Stand aside England versus Australia in the Ashes and the speed and power of the Indian Premier League, a softer version of cricket is coming to Southwold later this month.
Suffolk Cricket will be hosting a Softball Cricket Festival at Southwold Cricket Club on Tuesday, June 26.
The event, at Southwold Common between 6pm and 8pm, is designed to get more women involved in the sport.
A spokesman for the event said: 'Softball cricket is a new, fun, fast, social game for all abilities featuring a, you guessed it, soft ball.
'The Women's Soft Ball Cricket Festivals are for everyone but specifically aimed at women who have not played cricket before.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Ladies of all ages and abilities are welcome to join in a relaxed fun evening - bring the kids along! Everyone involved receives a free t-shirt and a couple of glasses of prosecco!
'This is a great opportunity to try a sport or simply have lots of fun!'
To register or for further information, go to the ECB website, www.ecb.co.uk/play/womens-softball-cricket-festivals
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings