Softball cricket event to encourage more women to play the sport
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Stand aside England versus Australia in the Ashes and the speed and power of the Indian Premier League, a softer version of cricket is coming to Southwold later this month.
Suffolk Cricket will be hosting a Softball Cricket Festival at Southwold Cricket Club on Tuesday, June 26.
The event, at Southwold Common between 6pm and 8pm, is designed to get more women involved in the sport.
A spokesman for the event said: 'Softball cricket is a new, fun, fast, social game for all abilities featuring a, you guessed it, soft ball.
'The Women's Soft Ball Cricket Festivals are for everyone but specifically aimed at women who have not played cricket before.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'Ladies of all ages and abilities are welcome to join in a relaxed fun evening - bring the kids along! Everyone involved receives a free t-shirt and a couple of glasses of prosecco!
'This is a great opportunity to try a sport or simply have lots of fun!'
To register or for further information, go to the ECB website, www.ecb.co.uk/play/womens-softball-cricket-festivals
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open