Southwold cyclists in London to Paris challenge
TWO friends are preparing to cycle from London to Paris to help raise money for charity.
Nikki Watson, of Southwold, and Caren Elvin, of Reydon, will be setting off next week to ride 295 miles in four days in an effort to secure thousands of pounds for the Multiple Sclerosis Trust.
Nikki, 41, was inspired to help the charity when her partner began suffering with MS. So far, the pair have raised �3,000, but are hopeful they can reach a grand total of �5,000 once the ride is complete.
Nikki, who is head of the financial services team at Musker Mcintyre estate agents, said: 'This charity is really close to my heart.
'My sister was diagnosed with MS and my partner has been as well, so I wanted to do something to raise money and support those who have to live with it on a day-to-day basis.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'I'm excited and really looking forward to the ride – I just hope the weather is kind to us. It's not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. But knowing you are helping and doing it for a reason really helps.'
The pair will start their ride from Crystal Palace in south-east London on Wednesday and are planning to cover about 72 miles a day, reaching the Eiffel Tower the following Sunday.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 4 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Caren said: 'We've been trying to get in some long distance rides and training in the early hours and after work as well.
'We've also been trying to raise awareness with stalls and car boot sales to help raise money for the charity.'
Meanwhile, Simon McIntyre, head of Musker and Mcintyre, said: 'We are right behind Nikki in this fantastic venture for such a good cause and wish her all the luck in the world.'
?To sponsor Nikki and Caren, ring 07980 543025 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations can also be made at www.uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NikkiWatson.