Southwold dental practice opens in July
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice. The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening.
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice.
The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening. The surgery, which will care for around 4,500 patients, will have three dentists. Elaine Bond, from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'It will make a big difference to people living in that area.' She said the issue would be kept under review to see if the new practice kept up with demand.
But efforts to set up a new dental surgery in Bungay have failed because no-one wanted to provide the service. The same is true in Martham, near Yarmouth. Mrs Bond said they were working with the existing practices in Bungay to try to expand services in the town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020