Southwold dental practice opens in July
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice. The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening.
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice.
The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening. The surgery, which will care for around 4,500 patients, will have three dentists. Elaine Bond, from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'It will make a big difference to people living in that area.' She said the issue would be kept under review to see if the new practice kept up with demand.
But efforts to set up a new dental surgery in Bungay have failed because no-one wanted to provide the service. The same is true in Martham, near Yarmouth. Mrs Bond said they were working with the existing practices in Bungay to try to expand services in the town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 8 Warning after dog swallows baited fishing hook on beach
- 9 All set for reopening at Pleasurewood Hills
- 10 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend