Southwold dental practice opens in July
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice. The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening.
SOUTHWOLD'S much-needed new dental surgery is due to open in July in the premises of an existing private practice.
The High Street building is being refitted and upgraded before the opening. The surgery, which will care for around 4,500 patients, will have three dentists. Elaine Bond, from NHS Yarmouth and Waveney, said: 'It will make a big difference to people living in that area.' She said the issue would be kept under review to see if the new practice kept up with demand.
But efforts to set up a new dental surgery in Bungay have failed because no-one wanted to provide the service. The same is true in Martham, near Yarmouth. Mrs Bond said they were working with the existing practices in Bungay to try to expand services in the town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school