Southwold dental surgery opens
THE Department of Health's Chief Dental Officer will officially open Southwold's new NHS dental surgery on Thursday.The surgery, at 43, High Street, began welcoming patients today and is the first in the area to provide NHS dental services to adults since 2006.
THE Department of Health's Chief Dental Officer will officially open Southwold's new NHS dental surgery on Thursday.
The surgery, at 43, High Street, began welcoming patients today and is the first in the area to provide NHS dental services to adults since 2006.
Three dentists will be based at the practice, which will cater for around 4,500 patients every year.
It has opened after NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's board agreed to pump an additional �1.4m into providing new dental services across the region.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the new surgery in Southwold, capacity has been increased at the Corton Road practice in Lowestoft and the Crown Road surgery in Great Yarmouth, while a new orthodontic specialist has also been employed to benefit patients across the area.
'This new surgery will provide valuable dental care to thousands of patients in the Southwold area and once again underlines our commitment to providing as many services as close to people's homes as possible,' said Elaine Bond, Head of Contracting at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
'We already have one of the best records in the country for provision of NHS dental care. This extra investment will make this important service even easier for people to access as and when they need it.'
Southwold Dental Surgery will be open five days a week, while extra clinics will also take place on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings.
Dr Cheryl Frost, one of the dentists and new partners of the business with Dr Sue Allen, said: 'Being both from the local area, we look forward to providing this new service for the local population.'
To register or make an appointment, please contact the surgery on 01502 723379.