Southwold firefighters ready for skydive
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A group of firefighters are braving themselves to take the plunge at a charity skydive this weekend.
The team at Southwold and Reydon Fire Station were looking for ideas to help raise funds for The Fire Fighters Charity, which provides support to firefighters when they are in need - whether it is with physical injuries, emotional problems or financial issues.
'We want to do something different this time and this was one of the ideas thrown in the pot,' said Carl Bedford-Cuffe, who is one of those taking part in the event.
'Someone came up with the idea and then another said yes, and then we said we'd all go for it.
'We just wanted to challenge ourselves really - it is something none of us have never done before.'
You may also want to watch:
The nine firefighters hope to raise £2,000 by completing the daring stunt at Ellough Aifield, Beccles, tomorrow (Saturday, October 11).
They have already raised more than £1,000.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
Mr Bedford-Cuffe said beforehand: 'At the moment, I'm not nervous about it and I'm just thinking of the charity. 'I'm sure on the day when I'm going up in the plane, it will be a bit different!
'The charity is quite close to my heart, as my father was a firefighter for 23 years and they helped him when going through illness before he died.'
To donate to the crew, visit www.justgiving.com/teams/Southwoldfirecrew