Southwold: Girls sought in teen appeal
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A man - thought to be Daniel - was seen talking to two girls in an archway between shops at Station Road between 11.30pm and midnight. This is shortly after the last confirmed sighting at 11.30pm.
Daniel had been for a night out with friends at the Royal British Legion Club in Southwold but was reported missing when he failed to arrive home.
You may also want to watch:
Police began a search of the area and extensive media appeals were made at the time for anyone with information to come forward however, his body was found between Mights Road and Blyth Road allotments on the Blyth Road side of Buss Creek on Tuesday, March 3.
While the death is not being treated as suspicious, officers putting together the coroners report are making appeals for anyone who may have information to come forward.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
If you were one of the girls, or if you know who they were or have any further information, please call Beccles Police on 01986 835300.