Southwold: Girls sought in teen appeal
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A man - thought to be Daniel - was seen talking to two girls in an archway between shops at Station Road between 11.30pm and midnight. This is shortly after the last confirmed sighting at 11.30pm.
Daniel had been for a night out with friends at the Royal British Legion Club in Southwold but was reported missing when he failed to arrive home.
You may also want to watch:
Police began a search of the area and extensive media appeals were made at the time for anyone with information to come forward however, his body was found between Mights Road and Blyth Road allotments on the Blyth Road side of Buss Creek on Tuesday, March 3.
While the death is not being treated as suspicious, officers putting together the coroners report are making appeals for anyone who may have information to come forward.
- 1 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 2 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 8 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 9 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft
If you were one of the girls, or if you know who they were or have any further information, please call Beccles Police on 01986 835300.