Southwold: Girls sought in teen appeal
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A man - thought to be Daniel - was seen talking to two girls in an archway between shops at Station Road between 11.30pm and midnight. This is shortly after the last confirmed sighting at 11.30pm.
Daniel had been for a night out with friends at the Royal British Legion Club in Southwold but was reported missing when he failed to arrive home.
You may also want to watch:
Police began a search of the area and extensive media appeals were made at the time for anyone with information to come forward however, his body was found between Mights Road and Blyth Road allotments on the Blyth Road side of Buss Creek on Tuesday, March 3.
While the death is not being treated as suspicious, officers putting together the coroners report are making appeals for anyone who may have information to come forward.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
If you were one of the girls, or if you know who they were or have any further information, please call Beccles Police on 01986 835300.