Southwold: Girls sought in teen appeal
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A FRESH appeal has been launched by officers looking for more information about the death of a teenager who died following a night out.
Daniel Hannant, 19, from Reydon, a former pupil of the Sir John Leman High School at Beccles, disappeared in Southwold on Saturday, February 28 last year.
A man - thought to be Daniel - was seen talking to two girls in an archway between shops at Station Road between 11.30pm and midnight. This is shortly after the last confirmed sighting at 11.30pm.
Daniel had been for a night out with friends at the Royal British Legion Club in Southwold but was reported missing when he failed to arrive home.
You may also want to watch:
Police began a search of the area and extensive media appeals were made at the time for anyone with information to come forward however, his body was found between Mights Road and Blyth Road allotments on the Blyth Road side of Buss Creek on Tuesday, March 3.
While the death is not being treated as suspicious, officers putting together the coroners report are making appeals for anyone who may have information to come forward.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 10 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
If you were one of the girls, or if you know who they were or have any further information, please call Beccles Police on 01986 835300.