Southwold Library book sale proves a big success
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A successful book stall has raised vital funds for a much loved coastal town library.
Held on Monday April 10, between 9am and 1pm, the book stall was organised by the Friends of Southwold Library.
The sale, hosted outside the Lloyds Bank in Southwold, offered visitors the chance to browse and purchase a range of books with the total funds raised coming to £63.10.
The funds will go towards helping to pay for children's activities at Southwold Library.
Charlotte Clark, Southwold Library manager, said: 'Thanks to all who donated books, bought books or helped on the day.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information about activities and events at Southwold Library call 01502 722 519 or visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk and search 'Southwold Library'.
Do you have a Southwold story? Contact reporter Simon Ward by calling 01502 525 832 or by emailing: email@example.com
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted