A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.
This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
David de Kretser president of the Southwold Museum and Historical Society thanked the Walberswick Local History Group for mounting such an attractive display. This included reproductions of paintings of village houses taken from the Walberswick Scroll. Phillip Kett, chairman of the Walberswick group responded in thanking Southwold for inviting them to be the first in the series of annual exhibitions.
Guests at the preview included the Southwold Town mayor (Teresa Baggott), museum trustees and members of the Walberswick group.
You may also want to watch:
The museum opens on Good Friday for the season from 2pm to 4pm daily until the end of October.
- 1 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 2 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 3 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 6 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 9 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 10 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland