A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.
This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
David de Kretser president of the Southwold Museum and Historical Society thanked the Walberswick Local History Group for mounting such an attractive display. This included reproductions of paintings of village houses taken from the Walberswick Scroll. Phillip Kett, chairman of the Walberswick group responded in thanking Southwold for inviting them to be the first in the series of annual exhibitions.
Guests at the preview included the Southwold Town mayor (Teresa Baggott), museum trustees and members of the Walberswick group.
The museum opens on Good Friday for the season from 2pm to 4pm daily until the end of October.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 7 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 8 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled
- 9 Who put them up there? The mystery of the Lowestoft scarecrows
- 10 WATCH: Three people and two dogs rescued from car fire