A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.
This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
David de Kretser president of the Southwold Museum and Historical Society thanked the Walberswick Local History Group for mounting such an attractive display. This included reproductions of paintings of village houses taken from the Walberswick Scroll. Phillip Kett, chairman of the Walberswick group responded in thanking Southwold for inviting them to be the first in the series of annual exhibitions.
Guests at the preview included the Southwold Town mayor (Teresa Baggott), museum trustees and members of the Walberswick group.
You may also want to watch:
The museum opens on Good Friday for the season from 2pm to 4pm daily until the end of October.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school