A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
A preview at Southwold Museum launched the first of the annual temporary exhibitions in the recently refurbished layout.
This year's theme is "Walberswick - A visual history".
David de Kretser president of the Southwold Museum and Historical Society thanked the Walberswick Local History Group for mounting such an attractive display. This included reproductions of paintings of village houses taken from the Walberswick Scroll. Phillip Kett, chairman of the Walberswick group responded in thanking Southwold for inviting them to be the first in the series of annual exhibitions.
Guests at the preview included the Southwold Town mayor (Teresa Baggott), museum trustees and members of the Walberswick group.
You may also want to watch:
The museum opens on Good Friday for the season from 2pm to 4pm daily until the end of October.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success