Rotary club’s kindness helps dementia carers’ fund
- Credit: Archant
A carers' fund received some welcome support from a branch of the rotary club.
The Rotary Club of Southwold & District were pleased to help support the Halesworth Dementia Carers' Fund when they had a shop for a week to celebrate five years of activity.
The fund is dedicated to raising the profile of dementia in the area and offers financial and physical respite care to carers and people living with dementia.
Rotarian Alan Hardwick set up a window display to show how the Rotary Club interacts with other charities and its aims and objectives in the Blyth Valley.
Several Rotarians helped out in the shop and with the tombola throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The opportunity was then taken by Ellie Hambling - president of the rotary club - to present a cheque of £350, money that was generated from foreign coins collected in the local area. It was gratefully received by Dave Rich and Jackie from the carers' fund.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns