Rotary club’s kindness helps dementia carers’ fund
- Credit: Archant
A carers' fund received some welcome support from a branch of the rotary club.
The Rotary Club of Southwold & District were pleased to help support the Halesworth Dementia Carers' Fund when they had a shop for a week to celebrate five years of activity.
The fund is dedicated to raising the profile of dementia in the area and offers financial and physical respite care to carers and people living with dementia.
Rotarian Alan Hardwick set up a window display to show how the Rotary Club interacts with other charities and its aims and objectives in the Blyth Valley.
Several Rotarians helped out in the shop and with the tombola throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The opportunity was then taken by Ellie Hambling - president of the rotary club - to present a cheque of £350, money that was generated from foreign coins collected in the local area. It was gratefully received by Dave Rich and Jackie from the carers' fund.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park