Southwold’s “sausage dogs” put on the style at pre-Christmas walk
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 'sausage dogs' with their owners helped to bring a dash of pre-Christmas colour to Southwold beach on Saturday.
They all gathered for a brisk walk from the pier to the harbour and back again – all the dogs were showing off their special Christmas sweaters that were helping to keep them warm during the cold run-up to the festive season.
The event was the first of its kind in the Suffolk resort, and began after local dachshund owner Laura Baggott decided to meet up with her dog-loving friends on the beach.
She said: 'I suggested we got together for a walk and put the invitation on Facebook.
'I decided to make it public and invite any other sausage-dog owners along and this happened. I counted 104 dogs – but then gave up. We may have had 150.'
You may also want to watch:
They enjoyed it so much they are planning to have another gathering on Easter Saturday – March 31.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre