Southwold’s “sausage dogs” put on the style at pre-Christmas walk
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 'sausage dogs' with their owners helped to bring a dash of pre-Christmas colour to Southwold beach on Saturday.
They all gathered for a brisk walk from the pier to the harbour and back again – all the dogs were showing off their special Christmas sweaters that were helping to keep them warm during the cold run-up to the festive season.
The event was the first of its kind in the Suffolk resort, and began after local dachshund owner Laura Baggott decided to meet up with her dog-loving friends on the beach.
She said: 'I suggested we got together for a walk and put the invitation on Facebook.
'I decided to make it public and invite any other sausage-dog owners along and this happened. I counted 104 dogs – but then gave up. We may have had 150.'
You may also want to watch:
They enjoyed it so much they are planning to have another gathering on Easter Saturday – March 31.
- 1 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 5 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 6 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 10 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off