Southwold socks it to bankers
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.
Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
Punters are promised a "truly rewarding banking experience' and use a mallet to hit as many bald pop-up figures as they can in a limited time.
"You pay 40p to hit as many bankers as you can in 30 seconds as their heads pop up. It's based on an older game called 'Whack a Mole',' said Mr Hunkin, 58.
You may also want to watch:
"It's proving very popular. I keep having to replace worn-out mallets.'
He added: "The bankers are bald and all look the same because that's how I think people see bankers - as faceless.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 How £540m boost could transform Lowestoft for generations to come
- 3 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 4 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
- 5 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 6 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
"And, of course, the bankers never really lose. If you win the game a banker's voice says: 'You win. We retire. Thank you very much to the taxpayer for paying our pensions'.'