Southwold socks it to bankers
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.
Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
Punters are promised a "truly rewarding banking experience' and use a mallet to hit as many bald pop-up figures as they can in a limited time.
"You pay 40p to hit as many bankers as you can in 30 seconds as their heads pop up. It's based on an older game called 'Whack a Mole',' said Mr Hunkin, 58.
You may also want to watch:
"It's proving very popular. I keep having to replace worn-out mallets.'
He added: "The bankers are bald and all look the same because that's how I think people see bankers - as faceless.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
"And, of course, the bankers never really lose. If you win the game a banker's voice says: 'You win. We retire. Thank you very much to the taxpayer for paying our pensions'.'