Southwold socks it to bankers
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
RECESSION-hit Britons are getting their own back on banks by playing one of the country's newest amusement arcade games.
Inventor Tim Hunkin says the "Whack A Banker" machine at his pier arcade in Southwold is proving a great investment.
Punters are promised a "truly rewarding banking experience' and use a mallet to hit as many bald pop-up figures as they can in a limited time.
"You pay 40p to hit as many bankers as you can in 30 seconds as their heads pop up. It's based on an older game called 'Whack a Mole',' said Mr Hunkin, 58.
You may also want to watch:
"It's proving very popular. I keep having to replace worn-out mallets.'
He added: "The bankers are bald and all look the same because that's how I think people see bankers - as faceless.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
"And, of course, the bankers never really lose. If you win the game a banker's voice says: 'You win. We retire. Thank you very much to the taxpayer for paying our pensions'.'