Southwold: Spring to boost Tories
A SOUTHWOLD-BASED advertising agency will be revamping the image of Tory women.Spring Advertising and Design has been brought in to take the Conservative Women's Organisation, which boasted a quarter of a million active members in its heyday in the 1980s, into the 21st century.
A SOUTHWOLD-BASED advertising agency will be revamping the image of Tory women.
Spring Advertising and Design has been brought in to take the Conservative Women's Organisation, which boasted a quarter of a million active members in its heyday in the 1980s, into the 21st century.
Although under Margaret Thatcher it would have been the largest women's political movement in the western world, its numbers now have plummeted to 3,000.
Spring said the image of Tory women has changed, thanks to the down-to-earth approach and chic style of David Cameron's wife Samantha, and well known stylish supporters including Plum Sykes, Trinny Woodhall and Alexandra Shulman.
You may also want to watch:
Spring MD Erika Clegg said: 'Our task is to change dormant members into active members. We have been working with the organisation on a series of steps they can take to enhance their profile, be relevant to female party members - and other women - and grow back to the strength they had.'
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch