Southwold youngsters take up record breakers challenge
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Southwold youngsters received medals and certificates for completing this year's summer reading challenge.
The theme this year was 'record breakers', with each child required to read more than six books in six weeks over the summer holidays.
The Southwold Library presentation last Friday, September 25 was made by Michael Ladd, district and county councillor for the area.
Mr Ladd said: 'Southwold Library is one of those great libraries which are more than just a library. It is a community hub. Congratulations to all the children and thank you to the volunteers for your help.'
Reydon resident Sarah Burrage, 34, whose children Lily and James both completed the challenge, said: 'The challenge is really good for the children and they always enjoy doing it. We regularly attend the library and have taken part in the Reading Challenge for the last few years.'
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Clark, Southwold Library manager, added: 'The aim of the challenge is to encourage children to keep reading during the summer holidays. 'This year we had 160 children complete the challenge in Southwold which is really good. I would like to thank all our volunteers as we couldn't do it without you.'
? If you are interested in finding out more about activities and events held at Southwold Library please visit www.suffolklibraries.co.uk/branches/southwold-library or call 01502 722519.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
? Have you got a Southwold story? Call George Ryan on 01502 525832 or email email@example.com