Spate of assaults in Lowestoft
INVESTIGATIONS were continuing this week in connection with three separate assault incidents across Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses to the attacks after two men and a teenage girl suffered injuries.
INVESTIGATIONS were continuing this week in connection with three separate assault incidents across Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses to the attacks after two men and a teenage girl suffered injuries.
A 16-year-old girl suffered a possible broken nose, a chipped tooth, scratches and bruising after she was assaulted in Harris Avenue around 3.40pm on Friday, February 27.
The girl was walking home with two friends when she was grabbed by another white woman, aged in her late teens to mid 20s, before being pulled to the ground.
She was then assaulted by the woman and police are keen to hear from anyone with information about the attacker.
In a separate incident, trouble flared during an altercation in Lowestoft High Street around 12.45am on Friday, February 20. A 25-year-old man came to the police station just before 1am reporting that he had been assaulted. He had lost three teeth and officers would like to hear from anyone who may have seen any incident that led to his injuries.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Plans to redevelop major town centre building to be discussed
- 3 Bid to demolish countryside home to build church
- 4 Family's plea for information on engineer's asbestos exposure
- 5 Car smashes through barrier after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- 6 TV and prescription medicine stolen from Lowestoft home
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Dad's anger after bike worth £3,000 stolen from Lowestoft park
- 9 'A great hero': Terry Butcher hailed on return to hometown
- 10 Pair running Suffolk cannabis factory worth up to £167k jailed
In the final assault, a 31-year-old man suffered a grazed knee and a fractured rib after he was attacked in Raglan Street around 5pm on Tuesday, February 17.
The man was leaving an address there with a friend when he noticed a man and a woman, one of whom shouted abuse at him. The 31-year-old tried to ignore it but the man came up to him, pushed him to the ground and assaulted him. The attacker was pulled away by friends of the 31-year-old and then left towards Stanley Street.
He is described as white, around 6ft tall, of slim build, in his late teens to 20s.
Anyone with information about any of the assaults should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.