Spate of burglaries in Lowestoft
DETECTIVES are seeking information after thieves struck during a spate of house burglaries in Lowestoft over the past few days. Since last Thursday, January 15, there have been seven incidents including a break-in at a house in Lovewell Road where a games console was stolen between 6.
DETECTIVES are seeking information after thieves struck during a spate of house burglaries in Lowestoft over the past few days. Since last Thursday, January 15, there have been seven incidents including a break-in at a house in Lovewell Road where a games console was stolen between 6.30am and 7.10pm on Friday, a break-in at a house in Beaconsfield Road where jewellery and electrical items including a mobile phone, 26-inch flat screen TV, a TV and DVD combi unit and a games console were taken between 10.15am and 4.30pm on Saturday and a break-in at a house in Rushmere Road in Carlton Colville between 1.30pm and 6.45pm on Sunday, where a laptop computer, a games console, games and cash were stolen.
There were also two other burglaries on Saturday - one at Clifford Drive between 11.30am and 6.30pm and the other at a home in Elm Tree Road between 1.15pm and 6.20pm. In both cases jewellery and cash were stolen.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in any of these areas at the applicable times to think back to see if they remember seeing anything suspicious.
'Did you see someone carrying one of the TVs, or someone wearing a backpack or carrying a similar bag that could have been used to conceal property?' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Did you see anyone acting strangely in any of these roads?'
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300. Police are also reminding residents to call officers immediately using 999 if they notice anything out-of-the-ordinary or are suspicious of unusual behaviour or noises.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 9 Wanted man from Lowestoft arrested in London
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary