Spate of burglaries in Lowestoft
DETECTIVES are seeking information after thieves struck during a spate of house burglaries in Lowestoft over the past few days. Since last Thursday, January 15, there have been seven incidents including a break-in at a house in Lovewell Road where a games console was stolen between 6.
DETECTIVES are seeking information after thieves struck during a spate of house burglaries in Lowestoft over the past few days. Since last Thursday, January 15, there have been seven incidents including a break-in at a house in Lovewell Road where a games console was stolen between 6.30am and 7.10pm on Friday, a break-in at a house in Beaconsfield Road where jewellery and electrical items including a mobile phone, 26-inch flat screen TV, a TV and DVD combi unit and a games console were taken between 10.15am and 4.30pm on Saturday and a break-in at a house in Rushmere Road in Carlton Colville between 1.30pm and 6.45pm on Sunday, where a laptop computer, a games console, games and cash were stolen.
There were also two other burglaries on Saturday - one at Clifford Drive between 11.30am and 6.30pm and the other at a home in Elm Tree Road between 1.15pm and 6.20pm. In both cases jewellery and cash were stolen.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in any of these areas at the applicable times to think back to see if they remember seeing anything suspicious.
'Did you see someone carrying one of the TVs, or someone wearing a backpack or carrying a similar bag that could have been used to conceal property?' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'Did you see anyone acting strangely in any of these roads?'
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300. Police are also reminding residents to call officers immediately using 999 if they notice anything out-of-the-ordinary or are suspicious of unusual behaviour or noises.
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted